Ice-cream for breakfast??? Yes, I’ll say that again, Ice-cream for breakfast. Yup, you heard me right. The excuse to eat ice-cream now omits the scorching hot weather, fiery temperatures and broiling body thermostats… in fact this dairy-free ice-cream creation needs no excuse at all. Sweet, creamy goodness free from preservatives, additives and everything else under that umbrella, completely guilt free and 100% d e l i c i o u s. If your on the hunt for a purely plant-based delicacy whether devoured for breakfast or at any time of day for that matter which is bursting with potent antioxidants, including dopamine and catechins, gives you huge amounts of energy, moderates blood sugar levels, supports heart health and improves insulin sensitivity (Ok Ok, enough of the nitty-gritty), oh and how can I forget to mention TASTES LIKE HEAVEN, then you should definitely give this salted caramel nice-cream with almond butter drizzle a whirl. Although, even if your not on the hunt for any of those things, I seriously recommend you give it a go anyway.
- 4 ripe frozen bananas (roughly cubed placed in the freezer overnight)
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash almond milk
- 2/3 cup ice (optional- this won’t make much difference to the overall consistency)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Leave the bananas to thaw for 15-20 minutes before adding them to a high speed food processor along with the dates, vanilla extract, a splash of almond milk (super powerful food processors won’t need much at all, but if your blender appears to be struggling add a drop more to give a little helping hand)
- Add the ice and pulse until the ice is broken down (again this is optional)
- Scoop your caramel banana serve into a bowl, drizzle with almond butter (I use Meridan Organic Smooth Almond Butter), sprinkle with chia seeds, scatter with a fw blackberries and garnish with almonds.
Feel free to leave some feedback/questions below!
Peace, love & happiness,